Federal student aid is financial assistance provided through the U.S. Department of Education. To apply for federal financial aid, file the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1, 2022. The filing deadline for maximum aid consideration is December 1, 2022. The following are federal financial aid programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
  • Federal Work-Study
  • Federal Direct Stafford Loans
  • Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) Loans
  • Federal Direct PLUS (Graduate/Professional Student) Loans

For a detailed explanation of the federal programs offered by the U.S. Department of Education, visit their website at www.studentaid.gov.