To apply for federal loans at the University of Iowa, students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Health Professions Loan
- Nursing Student Loan
- Primary Care Loan (links to College of Medicine website)
- Federal Direct Stafford (Subsidized) Loan
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) Loan
- Federal Direct PLUS (Graduate/Professional Student) Loan
Federal Direct Loan information will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Your Federal Direct Loan servicer will be listed on the NSLDS website. NSLDS information is accessible to schools, lenders, and guarantors for specific purposes as authorized by the U.S. Department of Education.