Understanding Your Cost of Attendance
Your estimated cost of attendance is what you can expect to spend to attend the University of Iowa for one school year. The cost of attendance is broken down into charges to your University Bill and other estimated expenses you may have based on your spending habits. You can use your estimated cost of attendance to make a budget.
Estimated charges to your University Bill include:
- Tuition and Fees - amount charged by the University of Iowa for classes and other campus facilities and services.
- On-campus Housing and Food - amount charged by the University of Iowa for living in a residence hall and buying a meal plan.
Other estimated expenses you may have that are not charged to your University Bill can include:
- Off-campus housing and food - average cost of rent, utilities, and food for the Iowa City/Coralville area.
- Books and Supplies - average cost based on enrollment hours.
- Personal Expenses - includes, but is not limited to, clothing, personal items, entertainment, etc.
- Transportation - travel to and from classes and trips home during breaks.