Summer Financial Aid Application
To apply for 2019 summer financial aid you must:
- have the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file in the Office of Student Financial Aid
- complete the summer financial aid application on MyUI
- be registered for all summer courses prior to submitting the summer application
You must apply for and be awarded summer financial aid before your summer session ends.
Credit hour requirements to receive summer Federal Direct Loans vary based on college:
|College||Minimum Credit Hours|
|College of Pharmacy||6|
|College of Dentistry||2|
|College of Law||3|
|College of Medicine||3|
|School of Management||3|
Types of Financial Aid Available
Summer financial aid is usually limited to:
- Federal Pell Grant-- The Federal Pell Grant will automatically be awarded to you if you qualify.
- Federal Direct Loans-- If you have received the annual maximum Federal Direct Stafford Loan amount for the fall, winter, and spring terms, loans will not be awarded for the summer session.
- If you are a dependent undergraduate student your parent(s) may request a Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) Loan.
- If you are a graduate or professional student, you will be offered a Federal Direct PLUS (Graduate/Professional) Student Loan if you qualify
- Work-Study-- Awards are determined each year based on funding availability
You will receive an email when your award notification is available on MyUI. Be sure to change the session to summer.
University Bill (U-Bill)
Tuition and fees and residence hall room and board will be charged to your U-Bill beginning in May. The U-Bill must be paid by the due date, regardless of delays, reductions or cancellation of financial aid.
Financial aid will be disbursed on the first day of your summer class.
Withdrawing or Dropping Classes After the Summer Semester Has Begun
You should contact the Office of Student Financial Aid before dropping individual courses or withdrawing from the summer semester. A change in registration can impact your financial aid eligibility. See our summer withdrawing or dropping classes web page for important details.