All student hourly employees (both part-time and Work-Study) whether working on or off-campus sites are considered to be University of Iowa employees and, as such, are covered under the University's Worker's Compensation Policy. When faced with a workers' compensation situation, the most important thing to know is where the employee must seek treatment in order to receive coverage.  For all work injuries/accidents, employees must receive medical care from the following treatment location:

  • UI Occupational Health (3 Lions Drive in North Liberty - off HWY 965), M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (319) 356-3335

Employees in the Iowa City area should use The University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics Emergency Room for emergencies and/or treatment during non-clinic hours.

Do not send students to Student Health or they will be charged for treatment.