- Determine your employment goals
- Review available jobs
- Select jobs that interest you
- Contact employers directly for an application
- Don’t hesitate to follow-up with the employer if you have not had a response from your application
- Capitalize on what you can offer the organization
- Detail the personal management and technical skills you can offer
- Be positive and enthusiastic in the interview, while, at the same time, providing an accurate assessment of your skills
- Be punctual and dress appropriately
- Ask questions about the job that show your interest in the position
- Remember, you are also interviewing the employer. After the interview, ask yourself whether this is really the right job for you.
- If you are not selected for a position, be persistent. Other jobs will become available.