During each year, over 8,000 University of Iowa students work on-campus.
University of Iowa student employees affect the day-today operations of the university and the quality of service to the students, families, staff and faculty that make up the UI community. This university, like many others, is highly dependent on the immeasurable contributions of the student workforce.
Be a part of this large community of student employees and gain the following benefits:
- Perfect your time management skills
- Reduce your need for student loans and indebtedness
- Gain career experience while helping you clarify your goals, gain self-confidence, and build a network of contacts
- Work with employers that may be more flexible with your hours
- Network and get to know more students and staff
Become a University of Iowa student employee by searching the HireaHawk website to see the student job opportunities currently available!
To qualify for part-time hourly employment during the academic year, students must be enrolled for at least one hour at the University of Iowa.
Student hourly work limitations are established by State of Iowa law. Students may work a maximum number of 20 hours per week during the academic year. However, students may work a maximum of 40 hours per week during Thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks and over the summer.