Government/public agencies or private nonprofit organizations interested in becoming Off-Campus Work-Study Employers should contact Student Employment. Due to limited Work-Study funding, it is generally necessary that the off-campus employer offer a work opportunity that is not already being offered in order to be approved as a new employer. A contract needs to be signed between the employer and the UI. Documents verifying the non-profit status of the employer along with job descriptions are required.  Some employers may also be able to sign a Community Service agreement because of the nature of the job to be supported by Work-Study funds. Community Service is defined by Federal financial aid regulations to include services which improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or solve particular problems.