The University Billing Office begins preparing for the August 1 U-Bill in late July. If you view your U-Bill prior to August 1, all of your financial aid funds may not appear. If you do not see all of your financial aid listed on your U-Bill, check your bill periodically for updates. Information is updated nightly. Listed below are reasons why financial aid funds may not appear on your U-bill:
- Your application/loan document status is not complete. (Click on the link to check your status in MyUI.)
- Your currently enrolled hours do not match the number of hours on which your award was based. The number of hours on which your award was based is listed in the Enrolled Hours field on your award notification in MyUI.
- If you will be adding hours, your financial aid will automatically disburse when the hours match.
- If your enrolled hours will remain different, inform us by clicking on Send Corrections to Financial Aid on your award notification in MyUI.
- You are not maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). (Check your SAP status in MyUI.)
- Privately funded scholarships (i.e. Rotary Foundation, Dollars for Scholars) are applied to the U-Bill after the university receives the check from the agency/donor. You may want to contact your donor and inform them you have received your U-bill and ask if they need additional information before submitting the scholarship check. Allow 7-10 days after the donor mails the check for the funds to appear on your U-Bill.
- Departmental scholarships (i.e., College of Engineering, College of Music) are posted when the University Billing Office receives the information from the department. Please check with your department to see when they will be submitting the information to the University Billing Office.
- Half of your academic year financial aid is applied to your U-Bill each semester.