Financial aid (except Work-Study) is disbursed by the University Billing Office at the beginning of each semester and continues throughout the semester. If you meet all requirements for the disbursement of aid, the University Billing Office will apply your financial aid (except Work-Study) to contracted University charges only (tuition, fees, residence hall room and board costs). Any remaining funds in excess of your contracted charges will be refunded to you. Additional information is available on our disbursement web page.