Recipients of the Advantage Iowa Grant must have already been offered Advantage Iowa by the UI Office of Admissions. This grant is for incoming non-resident first-year students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and whose enrollment will contribute to a diverse learning environment.
Students may receive this grant for up to eight semesters or until a bachelor's degree is received (whichever comes first) by meeting all requirements listed below. If a student does not meet all of the following requirements, they will not be eligible to receive the grant for any future semester.
- be an Advantage Iowa recipient
- demonstrate financial need by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitting other required documents each year (For 2021-2022 the FAFSA filing deadline for priority aid consideration was December 1, 2020.)
- maintain continuous full-time UI enrollment (12 hours) each semester (if a student withdraws during a semester, they are not maintaining continuous full-time enrollment)
- maintain a 2.00 cumulative grade-point average for courses taken at the University of Iowa (grades will be reviewed at the end of every semester)
- must continue to pay non-resident tuition and fees
- additional requirements are outlined on the Center for Diversity and Enrichment website.